View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 06:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
seekingcalm

Thank you so much for validating my feelings. We have a long history, he and I. And his children, although grown up, were very much influenced by his ex-wife when they split. I was not the cause of his divorce, but certainly was portrayed to be such by her.
Nor was he the cause of my divorce, which like his, took place 3 years ago now. While my daughter, still at home, adores my RABF, my son, away at college, is not crazy about the idea that his mom has a boyfriend, or that I am with someone other than his dad, but I do nothing to hide the extent of my relationship because of this. My son is entitled to his feelings, and I would never try to fool him. I feel that I can respect his feelings, and expect him to respect mine all at the same time. But my RABF doesn't seem to be able to do this where his own children are concerned. He'd rather just not go there. I feel like the elephant in the room.

They blame me for their parent's divorce, although he has told me that they have admitted to him that they could see their marriage was terrible for some time. It's unfortunate, and I guess the only thing to do is be true to myself, and honest about how I feel.
I am going to try.