Old 10-05-2011, 06:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
onlyliveonce

You can't save him...you'd do better to concentrate on what you can do for yourself because if you stay on the rollercoaster you are defintely going to need some help when it's over. Save yourself MUCH heartache...it will hurt...but only for a little while...you deserve so much more!! My ex-husband of 20 years is still out there messing up and I believe smoking crack still at times...oh well...it's his life to live as he sees fit. Partners who have issues with alcohol/drugsmakes it really hard to have a connection to...they are there but not really. Was married over 20 years and really felt alone most of the time...that's what is sad. I deserve better as does our son....I will make sure we do not live amongst the chaos and drama that comes along with living with an addict. I wish I had ran and never looked back years ago. I don't look back these days and come home to a drama free home. The people on this site are a god send so read as much as possible on the board.... and read anything labeled co-dependent. It used to be hard to say I was that but over time I've learned I can learn better therfore do better. Hugs coming your way for the hard decisions you must make..