Old 10-05-2011, 02:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
sTiLlhErE1986

I know all of this isn't the advice you were hoping for, but everything that everyone has told you is true. I was there with my EX-ABF, believing him everytime he said he wanted to get clean, listening to his sob stories, driving him to detox/rehab facilities thinking "this time was it, he really wants it"...and all of that got me nowhere. He made the exact same plea to me that your boyfriend is making to you, but it never stuck. You are probably reading all these replies right now thinking "my bf is different, I truly do think he wants this I HAVE to help him". And I don't blame you at all for thinking that, I spent years of my life thinking that way!! So as hard as it will be for you to do, listen to these ladies advice and worry about yourself. Otherwise the constant worries about "where he is, what he is doing, whay haven't you heard from him" will make you sick. And that "help" that he wants so desperately now, he will end up being overwhelmed by your "helping". You and your BF are in my thoughts and I hope you take care of yourself!