Old 10-05-2011, 11:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jillian2k11

I am in desperate need of help. Please read.

Thank you in advance to anyone who is reading this, and an even bigger thank you to anyone who can help me.

This involves my boyfriend of 4 years.
Since about the 1st year of our relationship, he has smoked marijuana regularly.
I've been on and off about how I feel about him doing this. He's in school now where he's studying criminal justice and he talked about how he knew he had to quit over the summer because of his career choice, but it didn't stop.

He's been hanging out with a friend lately (That I can't stand, he's so screwed up and I was scared that he was dragging my boyfriend down with him) and ditching me to go hang out with him. I assumed they were smoking, but a few weeks ago he told me they had been doing pills as well. I kept telling him to not hang around him because he's bad news, but he didn't listen.

Last night I went to visit my boyfriend and he was acting really weird and kept telling me that things were going to change and that he didn't know if it was going to be great or completely horrible. I was so confused that I just kept laughing and saying I didn't know what he was talking about. After talking for a while I finally told him that I was tired of him hanging around his friend (we'll call him John) and getting high all the time. I told him that I wanted it to stop. I told him that if he wanted a future with me that he had to stop because 3 years of this was too much. He just broke down and asked me if I wanted to know what happened this weekend. I said yes. He told me that him and John spent the entire weekend smoking, doing pills, and snorting cocaine. My mind was blown. Never in my life did I think that it would ever get this far. I was so shocked and disgusted that I didn't know what to do. He spent $600 dollars on it in one weekend. He completely broke down (which he NEVER does, I've never seen him cry this hard. He was shaking and could barely talk) and started telling me how disgusted he was in himself and how scared he was and how badly he needs my help to get over all of this. He was begging me not to leave him, he was so scared. I told him that it had to stop. He can't go down this road and it all has to stop. Everything. He agreed.

Now here's where I need help.
How can I help him? I'm an hour away from him so I don't know what I can do.

Please, I'm begging you. Just tell me what I can do to get him out of this and help him clean up.