Old 10-03-2011, 07:01 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by SunshineSally View Post
Thanks, yes I'd appreciate that. I've never been part of any program, no AA, no SMART, no face to face support groups. I just want to get AVRT figured out better all on its own. I've read the book a few years ago, really appreciate this thread and especially TU in explaining some of its finer points.
Sally, do read it again. It is probably not very fresh in your mind, and you may be surprised what you pick up the second time around. Some people seem to take to it immediately, but I didn't catch everything at first, either, to be honest. I read the book, then it sat on the shelf for a few months collecting dust, but eventually I went back to it and read it more carefully.

AVRT is just a few simple techniques, no different than the multiplication table, for example. But, you do have to take the time to learn it. Like the multiplication table, though, once learned, you don't even have to think about it much in order to use it.