Old 10-02-2011, 02:05 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by AprilMay1895 View Post
1.) How wrong is it for me to drink? Kinda wrong, it's not healthy, it makes me disconnect from people and live in misery, makes me a conflicted person living in turmoil.

2.) 1-10 I'd honestly say an 8.

3.) Any act more morally wrong than drinking? Yes, murder, rape, theft, adultery, and on and on.

However, knowing that alcohol deletes your morals, as long as I'm drinking all of the above are possible.
Then why not a 10?

Originally Posted by AprilMay1895 View Post
Still I think about my latest drinking phase of sitting on my couch in front of my tv and ask myself if I'm hurting anyone else and I'm not....

If someone can point out to me how it would be morally wrong for me to drink for how it effects other people, I'd certainly be open to a stronger defense against the beast.
The grand delusion of all addicted people is that they are only hurting themselves, which is always categorically false.

Do you have anyone who depends on you? Kids? If not, do you have a cat or a dog? If you keep on drinking and aren't able to provide for them someday as a result, that wouldn't be right, would it?

Do you have parents or siblings? How might they be affected by your shortened life-span from drinking, and the fact that you have effectively sealed yourself in your home in order to feed your addiction?