Old 09-30-2011, 03:06 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by freethinking View Post
BTW, I hope I haven't offended here by going off on my tangent. I am not disputing AVRT by any means....but I'd be lying if I said I was employing it by the book in any way.
I expected a certain amount of resistance from those who have had prior exposure to other recovery methods, and I am not here to "convert" those who aren't interested. AVRT is a very simple concept to teach to those who have not been exposed to other methods before, but not so simple to teach to those who have been. AVRT is a semantics ratchet, however, and language affects our thoughts, so words and definitions do matter.

I will caution you, though, that the Beast is ruthless in its desire to survive, and will chew up any psychological, spiritual, or medical theory, twist it around, incorporate it into your AV, and then spit it back out at you in order to justify more drinking or using. If your fusion method works, then all the better, but if two months from now, you feel differently, you know where to find the right information on AVRT.

You may, however, want to read the references to "Mr. Beast, Esq." on pages 172, 174, and 214 of "RR: TNC," since they address the reluctance to make a Big Plan. I can also send you additional clarification on how REBT interacts with AVRT if you are interested; just PM me.