Old 09-29-2011, 05:06 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  
ElvisInASkirt

Originally Posted by Terminally Unique View Post
LOL. I do hope people ask questions, though. It does get me thinking, and hopefully it will leave a record of common questions for others to see. It has been a while since I read the book, so I probably should go back and read it again just so I have it clear in my head, but, of course, not as a condition of continued abstinence. My "Big Plan" is eternal. :-)

I'm not surprised by Elvis' questions, since the beginning is when the Beast really acts up, but it may throw some curve-balls even after some time has past. I'm somewhat surprised others who are just getting started don't have more questions sometimes.
I've booked a trip to Las Vegas and I'm messing with it by searching for buffets that allow for unlimited beer and wine.

It goes 'OH RLY?!!' and my heart races. Then I feel sad by the reaction but very quickly catch myself reacting like this and realize that drinking would totally dull my enjoyment of the holiday and that since I only have a week there I need to make the most of my time.

I then get on with planning my holiday out properly and feel genuinely excited by the prospect of all the sober fun I can have (hell I'll even hit the penny machines).

One thing I've noticed is this - my world view has expanded quite a bit since 4th July 2011. Before holidays only revolved around drinking. If I'd thought about not drinking I'd feel something shrink inside and it'd go 'YOU'RE DEPRIVING US. YOU TRAITOR P***Y! GO PUT ON A SKIRT".

The thought of the taste of beer repulses me but the 'glow' appeals to Frank.

Frank is a harlot and is going down. I might even change his name to Francine if he brings up accidentally eating that chocolate liqueur candy that time.

I refuse to fall into the thinking that when I enjoy Vegas sober that then I'll have defeated all of this. I've defeated it in the only moment that is. Now.

I seriously feel like getting a tattoo now. 'Always Say Never' with a picture below of it of a gaunt Irishman pushing a goat into a ravine.

That'd work, wouldn't it?