View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 02:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
switchboard

Hi HAH - great to meet you. These are great forums with lots of people who completely understand because they were/are going through similar struggles. Please don't be ashamed - be proud of yourself for recognizing the problem so young and for wanting to turn things around.

I drank daily for many years .. and was drinking around the clock toward the end ... body rejecting alcohol (and food), but I continued to force the booze in me anyway .. morning, noon, night, at work ... shakes, withdrawal if I didn't keep alcohol in my system ...and I'm 46. I ultimately turned yellow, and my body started shutting down. It was scary. I am thankful every minutevof the day for the chance I was given to turn things around .. many aren't as lucky when they get to that point.

Take this chance you have now and run with it! I missed so many years drinking that I can't get back .. don't be "me" .. it's such a waste.

Congratulations on your days sober ... The anxiety and fear of the unknowns do get better and easier to deal with. Work on today and on making plans for tomorrow .. things to do and to look forward to.

My "kids" are 18 and 22 .. and if they were tackling things the way you are, I know I would be extremely proud ... as I am sure your family is of you.

Keep on keeping on... you have an awsome life ahead of you!