View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 12:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Mightyqueen801

Originally Posted by blwninthewind View Post
I agree w/ the others. You need to call a attorney immediately.

Your kids are in danger by being around a addict using right there in your home!

call an attorney immediately...to find out what you need to do to get him removed.
I agree with this. Don't make the same mistake I did--waiting so long and making assumptions about what you can and cannot do. I had all these preconceived notions in my head--that he would be able to take my daughter and flee to another state, for example, while I was at work (this was his usual threat) and that I wouldn't be able to do anything about it because he was her father. I was to the point where I wanted him to hit me hard enough to leave marks or break my bone or something, because that's what I thought I needed to file an RO against him. Threatening to take your child is enough to file an RO. Especially when the idiot is stupid enough to say it in front of witnesses, lol.

Anyway, seeing a lawyer gave me a whole new insight as to how the system works, and it worked for me. Good luck. It is a hard step to make yourself take, but such a relief when you do.