View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 03:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Spica

FOG and stuff...help

Hi all! I have been following as many of the oxy detox threads as I can and have a few questions. I am day 17 off of the oxy road trip from hell – anywhere from 300 to 750mg (interspersed occasionally with a suboxone stint) for ~ five years. I have gone through the worst of the withdrawals but cannot shake the exhaustion and mental fog. I have managed to log 5 hours of sleep last night and thought I would be better but today is worse than yesterday.

I have been walking four blocks a night (my ankle injury is keeping me from jogging- I am thrilled that I can manage the worst of it with aspirin and ibuprofen) and I have been trying to clean house and apply on line for jobs but the mental mush is overwhelming.

Can someone please share how long it took the fog to start lifting. It seems that some days are worse than the day before.

Do I really have another two or three months before I can concentrate again – this gets almost overwhelming. I have read some of the PAWS literature and thinking I have six months more of this is a little too crushing to deal with.

Can anyone share as to what helped to control the mental fog and how they managed to work through the exhaustion and lack of motivation. I am pushing through as best I can but hearing that other people are out jogging and working out at day 15 after a hard detox and feeling good is starting to scare me…

I guess I just need reassurance that this shall pass. I used to be a very active person before I turned my life over to that poison and want to get back to some semblance of normalcy.