View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 09:21 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

Others have heard this many times and are probably making that "finger down the throat" throw up motion about now......but......

My addicted exhusband used this line on me for five years to hold me hostage in my marriage. I divorced him 28 years ago......he's still alive.
After divorcing my addicted exhusband, I met a man. A good man. Not a perfect man but a man who was perfect for me. If I had not divorced my addicted exhusband, I would have never met my current husband.

We have been married for 26 years. I love him dearly and he shows me daily the depth of his love for me. I am truly blessed. God answered my prayers. If you give Him a chance and take care of yourself FIRST and FOREMOST, He will answer your prayers too.

It hurts now when I see couples out and I ask myself why can't i have that type of relationship.
You can have that kind of relationship. The question is can you have that kind of relationship with a drug addict? I couldn't.

I do believe that every experience (particularly the bad ones...lol) have been opportunities for me to learn. I haven't always been a very bright student in these life lessons.....but I'm working on it.

gentle hugs
ke