View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 07:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ananda

Originally Posted by Alchy123 View Post
Hi all, I'm having a hard time and having a really hard time with my drinking. I want help, the anonymous kind, but I'm not all into the religious thing. I read up on the AA method and whatnot, and am looking for some kind of support group, but the religious thing turns me off. Not to say that I don't believe in a creator, but I certainly don't believe in any one religion. Nothing personal, please don't take it that way, but does anyone here know of a good, non-judgmental, non-religious AA program? Really really appreciate any help. Thanks
You just have to scope out the AA groups in your area..not just the group but the people. Your likely to find support for your base line on the god thing. I also agree that checking out other options like smart, or some of the secular threads here can help. Just don't let the words get in the way of relating to the expereince....I'm not sure about the god thing...but I know that what people who are "true believers" describe are similar to my expereinces as an agnostic/athiest....