Old 09-26-2011, 04:11 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by failedtaper
The concept of "the Beast" is interesting to me. I have been enjoying Eckhart Tolle's books for a number of years, and it almost reminds me of what he terms the "pain body". I just wondered if anyone else had ever noted the connection. The "pain body" is part of our ego as a whole, and when active it plays upon the pain bodies of other humans it encounters. It can overwhelm and envelop the rest of the ego until its time dies out or the person takes control over it. Interesting analogy to what AVRT is talking about.
Yes! I absolutely see the connection...
"The voice in the head has a life of its own....When you are identified with that voice, you don't know this, of course. If you knew it, you would no longer be possessed because you are only truly possessed when you mistake the possessing entity for who you are, that is to say, when you become it." from A New Earth ~Eckhart Tolle
huge parallel to AVRT imo. Identifying the beast as completely seperate from you.