View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 07:36 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Rocky5766

Hi- I hear you. I try and see things from both sides. I also consider myself an alcoholic, and no longer drink. But since right now, my issues are concerning my non sober family members. In my personal situation, I came to realize that I had a problem. I needed to be there for my daughter, and that I was hurting others and myself. So, I stopped. I sought help. My daughters father on the other hand, is the complete opposite. And it seems that he really doesnt care. In fact, yesterday, (I kicked him out bec of his continued binge drinking) was supposed to have visitation with our daughter in the morning. Needless to say, he never showed up. Why? Well, he went out and god messed up at the bar with his friend. So much so, he passed out at some random persons house and didnt wake up until noontime. So he slept through the time he was supposed to see her. Now- keep in mind, he made a huge deal out of seeing her and that he would NEVER get messed up and not see her. Kinda makes it hard to think that he is not choosing booze over his family. I'm making assumptions here- based upon my own experience- but I'm thinking, this might be where some of these peoples thoughts are. At least- thats where mine are. I mean- He obviously wasnt thinking about his kid last night. Just my 2 cents. And only mine. Please do not take offense. Sometimes people need to vent.
~melissa