Old 09-24-2011, 12:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Spica

Hey

Hi AliceinKC! I am on my thirteenth day of a hard detox off of oxys. It is not fun - you know that - but I am already beggining to feeling better and I was on a slightly higher dose than you when I stopped. I have taper issues too...Every time I tried to taper I would end up taking more than I already was.

One thing I would like to share is try not to beat yourself up - I know it is not easy but once in the throws of active addiction our brains seem to turn against us focusing only on seeking the next "fix." Try only to focus on the getting clean aspect at this time...and making yourself as comfortable as you can. (and of course, listen to FailedTaper - I have found all of her posts to be extremely informative and supportive!!!)

The important thing is that you have found your way back here and there are a lot of amazing people on this forum that will be able to work through this with you. Even when I was feeling horrible and too shaky to post I would sit here and read the posts of everyone else that was going through the same exact thing that I was going through and not only living through it but coming out the other side.

All the best to you as you work your way to the other side!!