View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 04:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
LaTeeDa

Aw, thanks. It's been kind of a whirlwind day so far. This morning was a trip the the investment broker's office to transfer ALL the savings I put aside over the last four years for my daughter's college to pay for her FIRST SEMESTER. Which starts Tuesday. The broker just moved into a big brand new office and all the walls are empty. So, of course I had to give him my card with my website gallery. He was thrilled to find a source for photos of local landmarks. Who knows if he will end up buying any, but getting the word out is always good.

Then, my daughter got a call from one of the places she was looking at to rent and they said yes. So, she's moving TOMORROW! It's a fully furnished room in a house, so she won't be taking any furniture. Just all of her clothes and personal items. And, it's only 40 miles away, so she can come back for whatever she forgets.

So, she's trying to pack AND bake a homemade carrot cake for me AND pizza on the grill for my birthday dinner. She will not hear of me helping so I watch and giggle while she flits around like someone with bare feet on hot pavement.

I watched my son march in the homecoming parade today (he plays trumpet), and then he got on a bus for an overnight trip to a cross-country meet. He will be back tomorrow just in time to shower and get ready for the dance--his first official date. :O

I'm so glad I took the day off work, lol.

L