Thread: a year ago...
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 02:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
shawty80

a year ago...

i was confirming my relationship to xab on fb. as silly as it sounds, it was a very happy day for me because that little button-click confirmed to ALL of our friends (and to me, as well...) that we were serious.

now, i'm mourning the loss of the relationship and finding that i have quite a bit of bitterness stewing inside of me. i'm angry that i chose to stand beside him as he went through detox. i'm angry that i chose to stand beside him as he went through the early stages of recovery and became but a shell of who he had been. i'm angry that he chose to end the relationship, citing bogus reasons, and to pick up drinking again. i'm simply...angry.

i'm also mourning the loss of my sweet grandmother, who passed away three years ago today. she was a beautiful woman and i truly cherish the memories i have of her. i miss her kindness, her songs, her love of listening to soaps on the radio, her way with honeysuckle and crepe myrtles, the clocks chiming in her house, her obsession with trashy romance novels (which she read into the wee hours of the morning), and everything else about her. i am blessed to have had such an amazing woman in my life.