View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 05:06 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
KariSue

I am very grateful to hear your side of things. My son won't open up at all about his addiction so I just have to guess at how he might feel.

What I don't get is why addicts say they don't love themselves. I just can't figure out why my son thinks less of himself. He had a great childhood, lots of friends but somewhere about middle school things went South (although we didn't know it till years later). He has a lot of potential. He won't go to counseling and I can't reach him really. I suppose he'll just have to stew in this until he gets tired of it and wants out. We are also enabling him but starting to stop now.

He goes to work every day and seems to be off drugs for long periods and then is on them again and off and on. I don't get it but am kind of tired of trying to get it. Your posts and those of others who were addicted help so thanks.

I love him dearly and I hate it when I hear people call addicts 'druggies' with such disdain as if they are the scum of the earth. Yet he has me so worn down with all the drama that I just rather not be around him. I just started feeling this way. I have to be around him for the moment so I'm kinda stuck for a bit until I can figure something out.

Anyway, keep posting, it helps.

Kari