View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 04:57 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
breakingglass

Originally Posted by dollydo View Post
Sometimes we women need to put on our big girl panties and do the right thing for us, stand up and be counted and move forward with our lives.

You are in your early 50's and most likely have many years ahead of you, do you really want to spend them taking care of a drunk?

I really do not understand the finance thing as he does not work, and you do have others places to go, so is this just an excuse?

I do not know the real reason why you don't leave, all I know is that this is your life and you only have one pass thru, this is not a dress rehersal.

Have you gone to Alanon meetings? Might help you get a better grip on the situation.
let me explain the finance issue. he does collect. in fact more than i do working 40+ hours a week. not saying that i am dependent on him to live but our mortgage is only $440 a month. where can i find a rent for that much! plus paying utilities myself, food, gas, etc..... its always easier with two people contributing. and i do have places to go....temporarily. i would have to get my own place sooner than later.