Thread: QUACKERs....
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 11:50 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  
GettingBy

Originally Posted by wanttobehealthy View Post
"I am making a conscious effort to send you non-verbal messages to let you know my feelings. My T says I should express myself and bc I am doing it non verbally the girls aren't aware of what I'm doing and it's not impacting them".
OH WTBH... I'm sad to hear that kind of crap. I've wrangled with those same issues with my AH - disrespecting me in front of the kids. And guess what, douchebag, the kids ARE aware of the crap you are pulling!!!

What I have done (particularly to show my children!!) is to say it once, "That face/the words you are making/saying is disrespectful to me. If you continue to act that way, I will walk away." And then when he does it again... I follow through and walk away. Since I started that, I have witnessed my children using the same "boundary setting" statements with each other... and it's AMAZING!! It's so healthy - and they no longer stand and scream at each other - "STOP IT! STOP IT!! PLEASE - STOP IT!!" They have learned they are powerless over the other's words/actions... and if it's unacceptable and continues... walk away :-)