View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 08:49 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Squishyboots

Originally Posted by Classical View Post
Oh, man, Streamwader...hang in there and stick with us. I've been struggling too with my AV, I just haven't given in. The above post is very important for all of us who are even thinking about giving in.

Strange you mentioned crying, because I was having flashes of the day that brought me here. I sat in my car crying. I'd had my first really bad weekend with alcohol since leaving SR back in 2009 and I'd call JD telling him I was no longer happy. I was a mess. I'd been drinking earlier that day and you get the picture.

See, now why do I want to even take the chance of going back there? Why do any of us? My problem is that I know I can dance the dance and have my cake and eat it to for a good long time, but eventually alcohol always catches up to me and overpowers me.

I think of all the posts I've read in recent days, this was the one I needed to read the most. That does it. I'm cancelling my mountain "retreat" right now. I'm not yet strong enough to resist drinking while I'm up in the mountains alone. If I can just continue to resist through JD's party, I should be fine until the holidays.

Big hugs to you Stream. We love you around here.

Classical

Classical - I KNOW you can make it through the party. You have been going so strong for so long that the minute you even looked at a drink you would walk away - I'm not worried about you in the least - you are a superstar!!!