View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 08:31 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
larrylive
Not again

Oops....stumbled through the minefield here, eh?

I hope we all feel better now that we have vented. Perhaps a little compassion for those whose view of the world is not qiute in line with ours.

Although I must admit I have problems understanding the use of the word "relapse" in certain situations. I was told it meant returning to a former state, which might imply some change had taken effect. Of course I am not just refering to being sober for a week. (That is certainly a step in the right direction) But what changes are being made in your life ie; attitudes, beliefs and behaviors?
Kinda contradictory to think we relapse just because we didn't use for a couple days, but I never hear anyone mention working on recovery while still using. Which is exactly what I did for many years. Perhaps I was stubborn or foolish or just plain stupid, but it wasn't until I made absolute changes that I was able to "not pick up".
Recovery is so much more than sobriety and it starts in the heart, then the head will follow.
different paths for different people, I hope yours gets you where you want to go.

Larry