View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 07:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
IvanKatz

MANY years ago I was quite over weight and didn't think highly of myself. Women treated me poorly too. My life was not very good at all. I felt like I was worthless.
I decided one day that I was done with that. My life began again when I got up one morning and looked in the mirror.
Now, When I say I looked in the mirror - I took inventory and SERIOUSLY looked at what I was doing. I also decided what I was going to do about it.

I began working on myself one day at a time. I did not think about what the goal was long term but what my goal was for the day.
I started on a diet and after a couple of MONTHS I began working out. After 6 months of the one day at a time thing, I finally got on a scale and then went out and bought new pants. I noticed that after the 6 months thing I had a few new friends along with a smaller waist.
I didn't stop working out despite the time needed to do it.

By the one year anniversary, I was 90lbs thinner, had serval GREAT friends!
By month 14 I met this woman. She was amazing!!!!!!! We dated for a year and a half and I MARRIED the woman of my dreams. I was promoted at work, moved to another state, made new friends, and bought a house with the WOMAN of my DREAMS! Life was good until my health issues.
Guess what, I was dealt another blow 10 years later... My serious health issues and MY addiction to prescription medication.

In a way, I reset the clock with my old self. Back to square one.
Here I am now 12 years after "working out" and reinventing myself.... Reinventing myself all over again because my addiction got the better of me.
This time it's even harder. It's not a matter of just going to the gym. It's a matter of detoxing, feeling like total cr@p, working on my marital relationship, looking for employment, paying the mortgage, looking back and then looking forward to what I have to live for.
It's been a very hard road but I'm not about to lose the most important things in my life over my addiction.

The greatest lesson I learned in life is that people will not like you if you do not like yourself. When you work hard on yourself, it sends the message to others that you are a person of quality and confidence. Women admire and are attracted to confident and hard working men who aren't self absorbed @sZh0les!

All you gals reading this - please back me up here??????

So, with what I've said in this post. I hope our OP will take some of this to heart. You're life will begin when YOU fix YOURSELF first. Everything else wonderful will follow after that.

Your new life does not begin simply because you quit drugs. It begins when you decide you are worth more than your addiction.