Old 09-18-2011, 08:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hopeful49455

First family day in rehab... What to expect??

My addict BF has now been sober for close to 40 days!!!! Next weekend his parents & I will be participating in what his facility calls "family day". Basically, we go up on Sunday, hear a lecture and return on Monday morning to participate in his small group for a few hours. I have no clue what to expect. I know that we will be able to ask him questions, and his group will be able to grill us on anything they see fit... But I was just wondering if anyone had any pointers they wanted to share, or had any idea as to how it all works. I know every rehab is different in their approach to family therapy, but any insight would be much appreciated. I don't want to seem naive, but my BF and I have always been extremely honest with each other regarding his addiction. I was advised to write down some questions to ask him, but I really don't have any. He's told me everything I've wanted to know (and tons more I could have lived without hearing), but I don't want to seem uncooperative if I have nothing to say. I'm just nervous in general over the whole situation!