View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 06:56 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Freedom1990

Originally Posted by catlovermi View Post
Can you describe physically what you do at the job such that it causes pain, compared to how you physically spend your time while not working such that you are not in such pain? Perhaps with this description we can brainstorm.

CLMI
I don't have this problem at home and am in front of the computer most of the day. I have an executive style chair with an ortho cushion to sit on, and a lumbar support pillow behind me.

At work, I pull all the charts for a certain dismissal date, and put them on a cart that I roll back to my area. Then I take a pile of about 6 folders and set that off to the right of me. I work in a cubicle at a long desk top.

They usually have loose papers in the front that I put in in the right places and then I use a 2-hole punch on all the papers, put them on the prongs in the chart, and move onto the next one.

The chair I swap out when I can is a very stiff padded chair that keeps my back arched inward all the time, and hurts early on. There is no adjusting it except to tilt the back just a bit, not much.

I have a footstool underneath that I will rest my feet on with my legs out straight just to change the position of my back for awhile.

I'm working on keeping my stomach and buttocks muscles tight like they are teaching me in PT, but it's hard to concentrate on the charts and doing that too!