View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 06:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
m1k3

WTBH, ((((hugs)))) from a guy who isn't a dirtbag. He is an A and he learned this from someone probably his father. My MIL is a super Codie and a master of using guilt and subtle putdowns as a way to manipulate people around her. This behavior has come out in spades when my wife started her path into becoming a full fledged A. Her father was an A and I believe he was nasty when drunk. He didn't pull that much with me because I was a lot bigger and a former Marine so I think he was intimidated by me, even though I am a real sweetie. That behavior came out as she drank more also. So, I guess what I am saying with this rambling post is you should't be surprised with different personalities showing themselves as he looses more and more self control.

As I have been going through my recovery I have been surprised at the buried issues that I have dug up. I am willing to bet that if I was descending into alcoholism more and more of them would have started to surface. So, I don't believe that alcohol caused these behaviors, it simply unlocked the cage door.

Your friend,