View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 02:45 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
simian66

Good to find some fellow pUnKS around here! I must admit I found the whole straight edge thing confusing. I grew up through that whole pistols, buzzcocks, stranglers thing. Most of what I listen to these days does not have messages about addiction in it. I was always afraid that music I really loved whilst out of it, would sound like crap if I wasn't intoxicated. Two years or more into sanity, I enjoy Coil, Throbbing Gristle, or Nurse With Wound just as much as when I used to abuse drugs. It's great that music can take you to other places! A big part of my recovery has been keeping busy and learning electronics so I can build synthesisers to make my own 'weird' music/noise.

Took me a while to work out that drugs don't make you 'alternative'... you either are or you aren't. By abusing substances we just homogenise ourselves and become zombies like everyone else. You won't change society by being zonked out. When you do that, they have you where they want you. You aren't a threat to their system. It's when you get sober that you have any chance in hell of changing things!

Alright (punks)... haha... that's the end of my rant. I'm off to soap up my hair and do something creative with safety pins! A pleasant evening to you all...