View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 06:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

Hey!!! I haven't been posting for a while but come by and read when I need some reminders and found this thread. I am so excited you got this job Devon! Congratulations! I just had to log in to say congratulations, and to feel like I am sharing in this good news with you! And also, I felt the urgent need to tell you, they CANNOT fire you for this, it is against the law. What you would be asking for is called a "reasonable accommodation," and what makes it illegal for them to fire you is The Americans with Disabilities Act. Any HR person worth their salt will know this. What I suggest is googling "reasonable accommodation" and your diagnosis or problem, such as "back problem" and you will get hits on exactly what to ask for. There are even websites that give you sample letters you can write to your employer requesting an accommodation. But I would check with the HR person first, cause they probably already have a form. OK, hope this info helps! Miss chatting with you all and wish I had the ability to be on here everyday! Love ya' and enjoy! Be your own best advocate!