View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 06:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Words of wisdom?

AH has been seeing the girls nearly daily for a week or so (briefly each time). They seem to enjoy it and I am trying with everything in me to remember that it's important that THEY be happy/comfortable and my discomfort with having to have daily interaction with him isn't the issue.

But... knowing that pretty much daily I have some face to face interaction with him (even if I don't say a word to him, just seeing him, knowing he'll be by to see the girls makes my anxiety sky rocket bc I feel like I never know what to expect) is making me a bundle of nerves.

Any wise words, mantras etc... to help me with this? I am finding myself dreading the hours until he comes by to see the girls instead of enjoying my time with them.

I know this is MY issue. Not his. The solution isn't for him to change to accomodate my comfort but I am struggling with finding a way to calm myself...

Anyone have this same experience and have ideas about what I can do to center myself a bit?

I'm trying the serenity prayer, talking to my sponsor, deep breaths etc... and today none of it's working....