View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 05:50 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Buelah

Classical - I understand what you are saying as that is the thought that has been running through my mind. I do agree it's not evil, but my mind is just messing with me on this. So, I can't even consider a lifestyle of social drinking. I know I'm an alcoholic. If I wasn't I would be struggling so much lately with the idea of drinking.

I'm almost at a level of confusion with this right now. I read Mariano's posts, and I just think what a wonderful way to look at it. Be free of this - stop the cycle. What is so important about having a drink even socially? I can't afford to have that thought run through my head right now as it just messes with me.

I may take a break from the thread for a while to regroup my thoughts about all this, do some reading as my books just arrived from Amazon - "A Woman's Way through the Twelve Steps", "Stupid Things that Mess up Recovery", and "Twenty Four Hours a Day" (daily meditations).

This may help to give me a better understanding of where I need to go with all this, how to go about doing it, and then coming back to the thread with some fresh thoughts and fresh eyes. I won't fall out completely, I think I just need a little time to get myself back on track.

Every one enjoy the rest of your weekend. Hugs and love.