View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 03:07 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I do not "bash" AA, or anyone. I have my own personal reasons for growing away from the program, only one of which is the medication issue. If I share my reasons for my departure from a certain way of thinking, it is in no way intended to put another down. I sometimes feel that if I give a differing opinion, it is considered "bashing" and that is just not the case. I respect anything that brings another peace. For example, I am not christian, but would not put that religion down. My grandmother was a devout christian and it was part of who she was. I greatly respected her strong beliefs, even if I did not share them. I do sometimes feel that members of AA can be easily defensive toward anyone who doesn't share their experience. I wish that were not the case. If I feel strongly about an issue I will certainly voice my opinions and would expect and welcome opposing opinions. I respect passion, and only through open dialogue can we develop understanding.That said, if others want to bash it's ok too...that is just their way...it does need to affect me.