View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 12:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
amy55

Part 3, I'll label it "My Downfall"

So, I finally got myself into a "good place". I don't want to keep sponging off of the friends. I have some money now, and I want to start my life over. So, I buy a foreclosure.

Its a log cabin raised ranch, in a community with a lake, an indoor swimming pool, exercise room, gated community.

I knew before I bought the place, that I needed new carpeting, I needed new kitchen flooring, that I might have to replace the bottom kitchen cabinets, that I had to get a new toilet even before the inspection for the mortgage, the one here was cracked. That the kitchen sink was not draining.

OK, so I got the toilet and had it installed. The house passed inspection for the mortgage. My friend came over and fixed the kitchen sink, at least now, I have a kitchen sink. I also had carpenter bees. Got an exterminator, purchased the annual contract. He just sprayed the entire house. It did nothing to the bees. Had to do a lot of research on this, and I purchased a powder, that I had to put into each individual hole to kill the bees. Finally a little success. Had carpenter ants, the same powder for the bees killed the carpenter ants.

Pulled up the carpet !!!!!!!!!! They had 3 big dogs here that peed all over the carpet, so they put some kind of an oil down on the carpet to get rid of the smell. After I pulled up the carpet, I noticed this, because this oil soaked through the carpet, and saturated the entire sub floor. Spent 2 months this summer trying to soak up the oil from the sub floor. There was too much. Finally gave up, and accepted that I needed a new sub floor. Called multiple contractors, they would say that they would come over and never showed up.

Went into a depression. Started drinking everyday. Gave up on working on the house. Felt sorry for myself everyday. I had no carpet, no furniture, other than someone elses 25 yr old bed, have patio furniture in my kitchen, (the one thing that I did get from my old house, when I was married, have a sand chair, in my living room, no TV, and borrowing internet. I was a wreck, and I just sat here drinking, and blaming my ex for all of this.

(Before anyone gets on me, Part 4 is my recovery)