View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 11:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
idletime2

I'm also a strictly Friday and Saturday binge drinker. My head usually clears around Wednesday and i feel back to normal on Friday just in time to do it all again. I moderated my intake for a while by only buying three beers on Friday and staying home. Every time i would want to drink one i would put it off for a half hour, then i would regroup and put it off for another half hour. It was sort of a tease but i liked knowing that i had beer in the fridge. If i just drank them it would still a while before my bedtime and i would be out of beer and the craving for more would set in. By delaying my drinking i drank the three beers right before my bedtime so when i finished them i was very sleepy and wanting to go to bed instead of wanting to party more. I repeated the process on Saturday. This actually worked for me for a long time to the point were i would forget to drink my three beers for the night. I recently went on 4 consecutive vacations and completely went back to partying like crazy. It's always the social occasions and vacations that always ruin the moderate drinking routine for me. I definitley feel your pain.