View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 01:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
darkpen

Had enough...again!

Well, I came here last year with the best of intentions, but that didn't work out so well. Started drinking again not too long after. I'd stopped for a few days, then had just one drink and was pretty proud of myself. I did that maybe one or two more times, just have the one drink, and then it's like something took over and I couldn't stop at just the one drink again.

Went out for just one beer last night and it turned into 6. Went to McDonald's after to cover up the beer breath and got some milkshakes for the wife, saying I was just tired. Argh!

I woke up in cold sweat and pissed off at myself yet again. But this time I'm back here, and I'm going to stop it for good!

The worst part is, I don't *have* to drink, and I don't feel bad if I don't. I just always end up talking myself into going for just one, even though I know it can never be just one...! I wish I had one of those electroshock collars or bracelets and give myself a shock every time I reach out for a drink.

Anyway, I have to start talking myself *out* of the drink now. I reset my sobriety date to today (sigh) and I'm back!