View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 08:26 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
MTUSA

Hi Sweet Dreams,

Because we are in 2011, most smokers (not all) rarely smoke in public as it's against the law to do so (MT LAW), and it's not exactly acceptable. I have always gone outside to smoke a cigarette. I know several parents who do smoke, and none go to games (football/soccer, etc. and light up). I don't think they have serious issues with being sneaky or anything. It's not socially acceptable, nor is is appreciated by those who don't want to breathe in smoke. So, let's put this in perspective and not try to blow it out of proportion, as if I'm sneaking out behind the bushes like a 10 year old. OK?

I have a friend, who I am sure must overeat in private. I know she goes through her struggles, and do not find what she is doing offensive, but always offer an ear and anything positive if she brings up her weight.

I also have acquaintances who now drink wine to mask their alcohol addiction. For them, they believe they "appear" quite sophisticated.

Nicotene is addictive (obviously), as is alcohol and drugs. Difference is, my mind and actions are not changed by nicotene. No one will find me dead from a nicotene overdose.

I would venture to say you are a very angry person, who lashes out.

I would not, nor have I come on to this or any other forum and flat out attacked anyone. I also am grown up enough to know that EVERYONE has at least once vice (could be sex, could be drugs, could be alcohol, could be overspending, could be a million things).

MY VICE IS SMOKING. That does NOT make me a hypocrit (as you said), it makes me HUMAN.