View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 06:42 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
natamars

I definitely do have a lot to think about. I'm considreing speaking with a lawyer so I can have something set up if he does go back to drinking. Right now I'm trying to get through today. In addition to everything else, this is an insanely busy time for me at work. Thank God my boss has been flexible.

He's meeting with a counselor tomorrow and will be entering treatment. I told him that he also needs to find a marriage counselor for us, set up the appointments, and arrange for a babysitter for our son so we can go.

He's figuring out all his own transportation, and getting very well acquainted with train and bus routes. There are occasions - tonight for example - when I have picked him up at the train because I'd rather he spend the hour it would take him to walk home reading to our son. He actually tried to insist on the walk. He's also paying for the lawyer and tracking every additional expense his behavior is costing. I've told him if it takes him working a second job at an all-night gas station I expect him to do it if that's what it takes to cover things like the additional insurance expense we'll be facing.

I found 2 meetings that may work this weekend - looking forward to getting to at least one of them.