View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 03:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

I hope that this will be a wake up call for your H and that he decides to get himself some help.

Sadly I can tell you from my own experience that my H too, after an arrest, time in jail and court, and again after a weekend long bender, said he never wanted to see or touch alcohol again. That lasted a very short while and once the immediate fear had passed and he was back in the groove of acting the part of very successful, functional alcoholic who charms the world, he forgot all about not wanting to drink and just got worse.

I hope your H will be different and make different choices. It took things getting a lot worse before I made him leave and I wish I'd been able to accept that he wasn't ever going to stop long before things got as bad as they did.

I understand the fear of wanting your H to be there for your son (I have 6 and 3 yr old daughters). I thought if I made him leave or if I left that he'd not be a part of their lives, that he'd waste money etc... That still may happen but what has occured since he left is that I've seen my kids able to actually be kids for the first time and it has shocked me into acknowledging how stressed they were with him living here. For the most part he was "fun dad" when he was here and rarely raged at me in front of them... but regardless, they knew the drill and were stressed out.

I don't know if that resonates or applies to you at all but I just thought I'd share my experience...