View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 02:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sbaybay

Talking 3 days sober and doing well!

Hi everyone I'm Shay, 24 years old and from Oregon and am brand new here. After a 2 year long constant battle with opiates (mainly vicodin, percocet and any other pain pill i could get my hands on) I am 3 days sober. I understand it is a long road but I am more than excited to do this. I went from taking up to 20 5/500's a day and tapering off less than a month ago to 2 codeine 3 tablets and then quit. I have basically no withdrawals with the exception of having a hard time sleeping at night having crawling skin and restless leg and I am incredibly fortunate I have had the power to do so. Pills are all around and I obviously know 5 people who I could call and get whatever I want but I literally have no desire and being sober makes this desire so much less. I know I will soon be faced with them but had hit such a low that I can and will be strong. Valerian Root, Horse Chesnut and Baclofen (low doses 10mg 3x day but I am now out) are greatly helping me. I have no cravings and am keeping busy and active by stretching, doing cardio and household chores. I can now think clearly and feel- good AND BAD and am loving it. I am also seeing a therapist twice a week to help with other issues concerning my self esteem and finally have the support of my friends, family and fiance after hitting a huge low. I can't wait to read everyone's stories and success! thank you!