Old 09-12-2011, 12:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Lovestoomuch
Or However You Spell It....

Originally Posted by familydestroyed View Post
It saddens me he doesn't love his family enough to get help.
It's not a matter of him not loving his family enough. Right now he doesn't even know how to love himself. An addict in active addiction is not the person you knew. He's not the man you married. Addiction is a disease. Right now his drug of choice is his mother, wife, children, lover.......it's his life. And it's very sad and very hard to understand for those of us who aren't under the influence of this evil thing.

You can do an intervention. You can force drug rehab, but the fact of the matter is if he's not ready to battle this addiction, nothing will work. If we could love them to death.......sigh.......but sadly enough........

Drugs to bad things to good people. It turns them into liars, manipulators, cheaters and sometimes even monsters. But until he reaches his bottom nothing you can do or say will matter. I've been there and my heart hurts for you. All you can do is continue to take care of you and your children.....and pray for him. I'm sorry you're hurting, but you've found a good place here. Keep reading and keep posting. No...you are definitely not alone. ((Hugs))