View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 10:40 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Freedom1990

Originally Posted by December2011 View Post
I am kinda laughing(with all due respect) at some of the posts, because it sounds so bad not to want to live in the same town, or to not want to drive by the son's house that lives a mile away. To other people without this issue, it probably sounds horrid, but to us, it makes perfect sense!!!
Yes it does make sense.

I paid my dues on having AD residing in the same house as me and she turned it upside down.

It was awful, and I knew when I kicked her out that never again would I put myself in that position.

She and my youngest were joy-riding in my car after I'd finally go to sleep at night. They were smoking dope and drinking beer upstairs after I went to sleep. It was a nightmare.

The end result was my youngest ran away a short time later (after I kicked AD out), and my AD was in the car that picked her up in the middle of the night. She had actually convinced my youngest that I was crazy and she could get custody of her.

My youngest ended up in juvenile lockup for 60 days, and then a year in a foster home that specialized in high risk teens. Nothing happened to AD other than a no contact order because my youngest refused to testify against her at the time.

I will never forget the havoc my AD brought, nor the pain of the aftermath.

Active addiction is ugly, and it will no longer reside in my home. End of story.