View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 07:48 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
NAH1203

If feel your pain! I am experiencing a similiar situation with my 53 year old mother. I don't even know where she is at this point. She had been a serious alcoholic/drug user all my life, on my 15 th birthday she fell on our wood stove and quit drinking, and I got to live the good life until my wedding when she drank the champagne off all the tables, last thing she said to me that night was "Don't talk to me I am sick" it got progressively worse and now she's lost it all, home, car, job. I decided that now that I am an adult I don't have to deal with it anymore. I have gotten major static from my family and pretty much have no contact with anyone. My mom was in the hospital last week and they discharged her, my step dad put her in a hotel while waiting for a spot in the rehab, I sent her a pizza after being upset and emotional and feeling bad for her, called her the next day to see if she was ok and needed anything for rehab, she said some clothes and was very anxious for the time I would be there, repeatedly asked when I was coming. It was important because she was out drinking all day and going back out, I didn't even call her back, I gave up! Apparently by cousin took her to some rehab in PA. No one calls to tell me anything becuase "I don't care" according to everyone, but really I care so much the pain is paralyzing. It's hard to cut your ties and walk away, even though it's out of site, it's never out of mind when it's you mom. Hang in there! I'd say it gets better but I am still waiting to see......