Thread: now what ?
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 04:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
nodaybut2day

If you need more time to think this through, then by all means, take it.

Financially speaking though, I would advise not putting one more penny towards paying for HIS comforts. You are only protecting him from the consequences of his own choices. He's a big boy; if he wants to live like one, he can figure it out. If he can't, there are shelters. I know it sounds harsh, but let's put it this way: you're looking out for him...but who's looking out for you?

As for your belongings, how about asking a friend or a family member to go get the stuff you want? If you aren't ready to have the big conversation with him, then don't have it. He will no doubt hound you for some answers, but you are under no obligation to give them. You can formulate a stock phrase such as "I need to think about our relationship and to do that, I need to be away from you."

I know it's weird to conceive of the situation this way, but in reality, YOU have control. You may be holding back from taking that control because you don't want to confront him or hurt his feelings, but you do have control over your life.

Keep posting