View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 04:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
underoath
polyaddicted cocanut

I'm sure non addicted people enjoy the feeling a few drinks gives them. who drinks alcohol for the taste? (besides my grandfather).... Just because I might be an addict doesn't mean I can't enjoy the feeling produced by alcohol without drinking all the time or too much...

For some reason everyone in AA/Rehab acts like only alcoholics enjoy the effect produced by alcohol... I mean, plenty of non alcoholics enjoy a little "buzz", why else would they drink?

So, of course I want to be under the influence of a mind altering substance, that's the whole point of drinking alcohol isn't it? It's just a matter of how much... personally I don't like the feeling produced by too many drinks... This goes against everything I was ever told. I was always told that "once an alcoholic has one drink they cannot stop"... Well, for me, I had to stop after a few because there was a line where I was "out of my comfort zone"... I guess that's where the confusion is... How could I be an addict or alcoholic if I didn't like the way too much of anything made me feel? I could always control my drinking... I never really tried to control it because it was never a problem...

It just seems unfair that I can't have a beer with my friends because I might be an alcoholic or addict, whenever the definition in the big book doesn't even apply to me