View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 03:25 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
artsoul
SR Fan

I really don't think i want to stop yet......not just yet, and that's a problem.
I can relate. I knew I wanted to be sober "someday," just not THAT particular day. Maybe next week or next year.....

I'm glad you're here. It took me some time to build up to my decision to get sober. I was drinking when I first started reading on this forum and I was drinking when I made my first post.

Do you know what would make you want to stop drinking? I ask that question because I think it finally dawned on me that if I waited until I "felt" like stopping, was I just waiting for something bad to happen? Would would that be? And what if it didn't work - what if it made me want to drink even more? What would I do then?

Something inside me said "Why not avoid the pain before it happens? You know you're going to get sober 'someday', so why not get it over with, get free from this, and go on with life?" I don't know where that little bit of sanity came from, but I have a sneaky suspicion that it had to do with hanging out on this forum.

I hope you continue to read/post. You have a lot going for you, including your honesty.