View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 08:50 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
SeekSobriety

Sunday, when you are ready we will be here.

There are always AA meetings with tons of support and a 24hour hotline if you change you decide somewhere or sometime where you cannot get online to SR.

I too first started thinking Perhaps there is "another way" for me to live wihout hangovers, guilt and shame, sickness, liver issues, etc. I saw those on the streets who unfortunatly did not yet get the "willingness" to give up the drink and were on there last days. Thankfully i found this site and that was the first step for me. Just the fact of signing on to Sober Recovery made me just a bit willing enough to realize that i was not alone and soo many others here are going through what i am going through. THe doubts The fears the shame and guilt. Some stories much worse then my own, some people o could not relate too, but it did not matter because we had a common desire a common goal, to live a sober life, to try and free ourselves from the obsession to drink.

This place along with AA meetings and working the 12 steps of recovery, changed my life for the better. I am so happy you are here. I want you to know, you are not alone, keep coming back.