View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 10:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
halvsie

I posted this in the other 'apology' section, but it's probably most appropriate here. I did start a new day, like GettingBy suggested. I went outside to rip up chain link fence. A project he said he would do to help contribute to our partnership/relationship since he doesn't have a job. Well, he didn't do it...surprise!! I found that getting physical helps get pass the confusing and angry feelings I have towards him. So, while I'm pulling up fence, I remember he was supposed to do it for US, got angry and sad, then moved by it. When I got inside the house, I did feel better. Until he called and asked me to bring the rest of his clothes and things I packed in boxes to my workplace. He didn't want to drive to my house and get them because "I'm a wreck" and "your work is closer than the house." WTF?! Those are HIS things, and MY workplace. I resisted the urge to inform him of his responsibilities because it would've just started a fight and delayed his coming to get his stuff outta my house. Instead, I placed the responsibility square on his shoulders by calmly reminding him of my boundaries. Work is work and I don't want to bring my personal life to work where I'm exposed and have to fend off questions about our problems. He agreed. Said he'd figure it out. Doubt if he shows.
I need a bigger reset button.