View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 05:28 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
keithj

Originally Posted by mac3911 View Post
I am, in addition to weekly meetings, reading a lot of literature, increasing my excercise, eating better, doing yoga and spending time on here.
Just a consideration for you, mac, are those the things that the recovered alcoholics in AA did to get and stay sober?

Even though daily meeting attendance might not be realistic in your situation, daily progress in the Steps is certainly doable. The BB contains specific and precise directions for how to recover from alcoholism.

People are going to give advice about AA along three separate lines. One is along the line of 'do what feels good and what you think is right.' The results of that are self-evident in this thread. Another is 'do this because that's what I did and it worked for me'. That might be of some value to you if you are suffering from the same ailment as the person giving that direction. And in AA, hopefully, somebody will share with you the directions from the BB for having a spiritual awakening, which works for just about everyone that really does it.