View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 04:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Newtosoberlivin
Beating this demon for GOOD

mac3911, welcome!!!! So glad to have you here with us!!

I am also working the AA program, and am getting a bit frustrated, as I don't even HAVE a sponsor yet, yet my home group knows I need one, even a temporary one, and I have asked a woman from there (via phone) to be my sponsor. That was on Sunday and not one word back from her.

I understand that as recovering alcoholics, we need to do whatever it takes to stay sober. However, attending a meeting every single day is sometimes not possible when there is work and child rearing to consider (not the mention that endless list that comes with living single and having to do everything yourself). I am lucky in that right now I am freelancing (few and far between projects right now unfortunately) and my daughter is in school all day, so I can do this right now (there have been days on weekends that I go to two meetings if I have the time). However, when I do get a full time job, I will be pressed for time a LOT more (even doing this is keeping me hopping all day, everyday, and that without a sponsor).

That being said, AA is not the only way and is not for everyone, I am still unsure if it is the way I will ultimately stay recovered. But there are other similar programs out there that I have read work for a lot of people. You need to do what is best for YOU and YOUR sobriety.

I wish you the very best of luck, whichever route you choose!!