View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 08:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
CaiHong

Hi mac3911,

Congrats on six days sober. Whan I first became sober, (over 90 days ago) a friend of a friend in AA would e-mail me and bombard me with the 90 meetings in 90 days and I needed to go into rehab for 3-6 months tirade. If I did not do this I was on the road to a sure death. I can't make it to meetings easily, in the first month I would spend all day to get to the Sunday meetings and 5-6 hours to the meetings during the week.
Due to work committments, I can't make meetings at all and haven't been for a month, I would be quite happy if I could make a meeting once a week.
I got really annoyed with this "fire and damnation" approach. I could not do 90 meetings in 90 days, I could not drop everything and go into rehab, I need to make a living. Not to sound to ungrateful, I did appreciate some of the advice and wrote and told her so. I discontinued the e-mails, she was convinced I had fallen off the wagon by not following her advice. That kind of approach is a total turn off for me, tell me on these terms to do something and I wont, suggest the wisdom of doing something and I will think about it.
Anyway do what you need to do. You know what that is. You have enough stress keeping the job and looking after your child. Stay sober, that's all you need to think about at the moment.
All the best
CaiHong